Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yo ho, Yo ho

It's 3:30 AM on Thursday, March 16. Heaven only knows what I'm doing up, but I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm on spring break and can sleep late tomorrow. I'm in Disney World right now, staying at the Caribbean Beach resort in a pirate room. My son really wanted to stay here. I have to say, the room decor is really fun. It always amazes me how the Disney decorators can carry a theme right down to the most minute detail. Even the bathrooms here are pirate themed. The shower walls have a large carving of a pirate ship, and the shower curtain has a rope netting motif with pictures of pirate ships. And since I see the world through the eyes of a scrapper, I decided the minute I looked at the shower curtain that it would make a great digital paper. So I grabbed my camera (actually my iPhone), took a pic and played with it in Photoshop to make it look like distressed and aged wood. I used it to make a layout about our pirate room.



The kit I used is Buried Treasure by Valerie Randall. I supplemented with a flower action by Doreen Stolz, and then I found some Pirate Mickey clip art that I turned into a chipboard element. I am giving you, my friends, the background paper as a freebie for you to use in your pirate or nautical layouts. You can download it here. If you do use the paper in a layout that you post to a gallery, please leave me a message with a link so I can see it. I'd love to see what you do with it. I'm off to get some shuteye, so remember to keep scrapping life, one dream at a time!

2 comments:

GaTechGal said...

Love the Mickey Pirate. If you run out of blog posts, I'd love to read a tutorial about how to make those clipart images into chipboard elements.

French Fry and Tater Tot said...

Love the page! I too love the Mickey Pirate and would love to know how you made him into a chipboard element